Microsoft has started celebrating the 20th birthday of Visual Studio and the release of the 2017 version of the development software with a two day live stream event that will give developers insight and demos of the new features. My understanding is that these sessions will be available on demand in the near future.
In addition, the refreshed Visual Studio website is all about Visual Studio 2017 with links to downloads and other documents to help developers get up and running on the new edition of the 20 year old program.
There are three versions of Visual Studio 2017 available for download:
Community 2017 (Free)
Professional 2017 (Free Trial)
Enterprise 2017 (Free Trial)
Visual Studio for Mac (Preview 4)
Microsoft is also offering anyone who downloads VS2017 over the next seven days a free 60 day pass to Xamarin University to learn more about mobile development. The free trial gives you access to live online classes and on demand tutorials.
Other resources that help you get moving with Visual Studio 2017 are also available:
- Getting Started with Visual Studio
- What's New in Visual Studio 2017
- Visual Studio 2017 Release Notes
- Visual Studio 2017 System Requirements
Official release related blog posts from Microsoft Visual Studio Team:
- Visual Studio 2017: Productivity, Performance, and Partners
- Announcing Visual Studio 2017 General Availability… and more
- Productivity Power Tools for Visual Studio 2017
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Devs, and Devops? Check out IT/Dev Connections!