When you think of Microsoft, conferences and developers the first thing that pops into most people's minds is BUILD the companies annual developer focused conference.
Well, you may not realize it but Microsoft's Ignite conference, which happens next week in Atlanta from 25 to 30 September, has 248 enterprise developer related sessions including 133 breakout sessions that are 75 minutes in length.
The main keynotes on Monday will be live on the Microsoft Ignite website and most of the sessions will get uploaded to Microsoft's Channel 9 video portal just like last year. If past history is an indicator, most of those sessions made their way to Channel 9 with a day/day and a half, so keep your eye on Channel 9 for those session uploads.
Myself, Michael Morisy and Lisa Schemeiser will be in Atlanta covering Ignite and you should follow all of our content on DevPro, ITPro: Windows and SuperSite: Windows to keep up to speed on what is happening all of next week.
While I am in Atlanta there are some developer related sessions I will be checking out to see if there is any new services or features aimed towards developers.
Some of those sessions I will key on include:
- Develop for the Universal Windows Platform on Windows 10: What's New
- Get the roadmap for the future of Office and SharePoint development
- Bring your existing code to the Universal Windows Platform on Windows 10
- Embrace DevOps for your next project with Visual Studio Team Services and HockeyApp
- Bring existing desktop apps to the Universal Windows Platform (Project Centennial)
- Increase app engagement and revenue with the Windows Store and Dev Center
- Design a great user experience for Universal Windows Platform apps
- Make your app a native part of Office with Office Add-ins
- Secure your web applications with Microsoft identity
- Architect your Windows apps to work together, moving away from monolithic apps
It will be a busy but I also expect a lot of information not only from the in-depth sessions but also the keynotes on Monday so be sure to stay tuned.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Devs, and Devops? Check out IT/Dev Connections!