Want to connect your app or build a new one that can access the same backend that Cortana and Office utilizes?
Well the Bing team has announced the availability of the Bing Search APIs Developer Preview over on the Bing Developers blog today to help you do just that.
These new APIs in the Bing Search API v5 (Dev Preview) contain the following features according to Microsoft:
- Search across hundreds of billions of web pages, images, videos, and news results, with the high performance and relevance you’ve come to expect from Bing, and which tech industry leaders rely on.
- Autosuggest services to improve accuracy and speed of user input in your apps and sites.
- Assistive services such as spell check and adult intent signal.
- Access to trending topics including news, images and videos.
- Ability to filter image and video results by size, license, style, and price.
There are even more listed in a chart on the announcement blog along with a comparison to the Search API v2 features. Suffice it to say that v5 doubles the possible application options with the new API.
All you need to do is send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line [Bing API] I would like to join the developer preview and provide the following details:
Company area of business:
Are you currently using any Search APIs (from Bing or other provider):
Describe your needs (search results only, search results + ads, web analysis, etc.):
Estimated monthly search volume:
Target websites and/or applications you plan to show search results:
If you plan to show ads, specify the following:
- estimated monthly search advertising volume:
- current search advertising provider:
Provide additional comments:
You can peruse the Bing for Partners website for more information while you wait for a reply to your email.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Devs, and Devops? Check out IT/Dev Connections!