I'm packing my bags, trying to get the house in order, and leaving instructions for the kids... in preparation for my departure for theVisual Studio 2010 Launch Conference in Las Vegas. The conference officially begins Monday morning, and DevProConnections executive editor Sheila Molnar and I will be doing lots of near-live and even some live blogging from the conference.
What I'm looking forward to...
- Meeting some of our most popular DevProConnections authors--like Richard Campbell, Dino Esposito, Michele Leroux Bustamante, and Dan Wahlin--who are among the conference speakers.
- Getting some face time at the DevProConnections booth in the expo hall with our developer pro readers.
- Getting better acquainted with the .NET and Visual Studio vendor community
- Enjoying the buzz of a big Microsoft release event
- Staying in a non-smoking hotel (sans casino!)
(I do enjoy Vegas, the smoke not so much.)
Sheila and I will be around the exhibit hall and session areas starting Monday morning. Be sure to reach out to us if you see us at the booth, at breakfast or on break, or at the attendee party on Tuesday night. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org during the conference or otherwise with your questions, complaints (constructive ones are most appreciated!), compliments, or other feedback you have about the magazine and website. Speaking of which, you may have noticed a new look to devproconnections.com. We launched V2 of the site (built on the DotNetNuke platform), with a more friendly design and we hope with most if not all of the kinks of the earlier site smoothed out. Let us know what you think of it!