Devart, a provider of software development tools, released v2.60 of CodeCompare, a file and folder comparison tool. CodeCompare, a free version of Devart's CodeCompare Pro, is available as both a Visual Studio add-in and a standalone application. CodeCompare v2.60 uses a new comparison algorithm that Devart claims improves the speed of source-code file comparisons.
Additional new features in CodeCompare v2.60 include:
- faster editing and navigation of large files
- You can set options to skip empty lines during comparison and skip comments in compared files.
- You can select either a side-by-side (vertical) or one-above-the-other (horizontal) layout for compared files.
- addition of a dialog with a message about file equality
- choice of four CodeCompare skins
- Close buttons have been added to the document tabs
The free CodeCompare tool includes a free 30-day trial of CodeCompare Pro (priced at $49.95). You can download CodeCompare here.
Devart CodeCompare v2.60