Altova, creator of XMLSpy and other XML development tools, announced the availability of Version 2010 Release 2 (v2010r2) of the Altova MissionKit, an integrated suite of XML, database, and UML tools.
Version 2010 Release 2 provides users with new, native 64-bit versions of all Altova MissionKit tools to take advantage of the benefits delivered by 64-bit operating systems and to reduce the limitations associated with working with files sized 100 to 200MB and larger (based on Altova internal tests comparing Altova v2010r2 products to prior versions of Altova software).
Among the enhancements to the tools in Altova MissionKit 2010r2 are these:
- Performance enhancements for XMLSpy, such as a native 64-bit version and optimized loading times for users working in Text View.
- For the MapForce data-mapping tool, the addition of a 64-bit version and user-requested data processing functions that let users split strings in mapped fields based on a substring (tokenize) or a regular expression (tokenize-regexp), or split data into chucks of equal size (tokenize-by-length).
- Availbility of the StyleVision visual stylesheet and electronic forms designer in a 64-bit version and improvements to the Authentic e-forms designer.
- For the UModel UML tool, the addition of a 64-bit version and support for UML 2.3.
- In DatabaseSpy, new support for IBM's iSeries version 6.1 and an option to use the pure ODBC API.
- Integration of the DiffDog file-comparison tool into Windows Explorer.
- In SchemaAgent, support for WSDL 2.0.